Progressive Palaeontology is open to any postgraduate student researching Palaeontology (that is, anyone who is yet to complete a PhD by the date of the conference). Masters students and undergraduate students in their final year who are due to start a postgraduate course later this calendar year are also welcome to attend.
Registration and abstract submission commence on 29th March 2021. Abstract submission closes at midnight on 30th April 2021. Registration closes at midnight on 10th June 2021.
Registration, as well as attendance at events and workshops, is free for all delegates. Upon registering, you should also choose which extra events you would like to attend. Please register for only one workshop.
Important dates in run-up to conference
|Registration opens||29th March|
|Abstract deadline||30th April|
|Abstract decisions||7th May|
|Talk or poster upload deadline||4th June|
|Registration closes||10th June|
- Deadline for abstract submission: 23:59 BST 30th April 2021. After this date abstracts will not be considered.
- Abstracts are limited to 250 words in length, not including the title of the presentation.
- Your abstract will be reviewed by a student panel at University College London, before decisions are circulated on 7th May 2021. All submissions will be assessed in the following categories: articulation of the aims, methods, results, conclusions, scientific significance, and clarity to a non-specialist audience. Each category will be judged out of 5.
- Abstract submissions are limited to one per delegate.
Abstracts should be submitted through the Palaeontological Association online submission form, which will become available to you after registering for the conference. Once registered as a delegate, you will receive an automated email containing a unique weblink (at the bottom of email) which will provide access to the abstract submission form.
Upon abstract submission you will be asked for the following information:
- Title of presentation
- Authors and affiliations
- Abstract text (max. 250 words)
- Indication of preference for Full Talk, Lightning Talk or Poster presentation
- Whether/when you have presented at ProgPal before
- Career stage (e.g. Masters, 1st Year PhD, 2nd Year PhD, etc.)
All speakers will be allocated 12 minutes for a full-length talk, and 5 minutes for a lightning talk. Once submitted, your talk will be uploaded to the PalAss YouTube channel. You should upload your video in a format that is accepted by YouTube (.mov, .mp4, .avi, and .wmv).
Posters should be A0 (841mm × 1189mm) in size and can be either landscape or portrait in orientation. Please provide your work as a PDF file. Posters will be available to view for all Progressive Palaeontology delegates on the Palaeontological Association’s website.
Specific information on how to prepare and send us your presentation will be sent out to you following abstract acceptance.